Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Child Who Spoke From the Grave

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:


" ....There was a baby who was being breast fed by his mother when a rider in fine garments passed by on an agile animal. His mother said: ‘O Allaah, make my child like him.’ The baby stopped suckling and looked at him, he said: ‘O Allaah, do not make me like him.’ He then continued suckling…"


Abu Hurayrah – May Allaah be pleased with him – said: ‘It is as if I can see Messenger of Allaah – صلى الله عليه وسلم – right now, as he is illustrating the scene of the baby’s suckling with his forefinger in his mouth.’


He continued: "They passed by a slave girl who was being beaten by people who were accusing her of committing fornication and theft.’ She was saying: `Sufficient is Allaah is for me, and the best of Guardians He is.’ The mother said: `O Allaah, do not make my child like her.’


Again the baby stopped suckling, looked at her and said: ‘O Allaah! Make me like her.’ At this point they spoke to each other, the mother said: `A good looking man passed by and I asked Allaah to make my child like him, you asked Allaah not make you like him. We passed by this slave girl while she was being beaten and being accused of fornication and theft, I asked Allaah not to make my child like her, and you asked Allaah to make you like her.’


The child said: `That man was a tyrant, so I asked Allaah not to make me like him. They were accusing the girl of fornication, while she did not commit it, and they were accusing her of theft, while she did not steal, so I asked Allaah to make me like her"

~Collected by both al Bukhaaree and Muslim

No comments:

Post a Comment